Monday, March 12, 2012

Wildwood by Colin Meloy

Wildwood by Colin Meloy
Title: Wildwood
Author: Colin Meloy
Genre: Junior Fiction
Rating: 2

I saw this book while processing at the library and the cover is what immediately caught my attention, however this story fell a bit flat for me despite talking animals and a magical, mysterious forest. It was not particularly engrossing and was far too political and advanced for being a junior fiction novel. The idea of the novel, having a secret magical land hidden inside the local forest, is fantastic and I expected a lot more than what I got out of it. The characters didn't blow me away and the plot felt a bit thin. I felt like there was too much talk of politics and not enough actual story to keep me wanting to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment