Friday, March 1, 2013

Upcoming Books to Movies!

So at work the other day I decided to put together a book to movie display and while doing some very important research, I couldn't believe all of the book -> movies coming out in the next couple of years! Some of them haven’t been “green-lighted” yet, but all of them do have some sort of “movie deal”. I have read quite a few of them already like: 


Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Madeleine L’Engle’s  A Wrinkle in Time
Markus Zusak’s  The Book Thief
Veronica Roth’s Divergent
Lowry’s The Giver
Libba Bray’s A Great and Terrible Beauty
Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
Suzanne Colin’s Catching Fire
Ally Condie’s Matched
Ransom Rigg’s Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
Melissa Marr’s Wicked Lovely
(Unfortunately)Stephenie Meyer’s The Host 
I’d have to say I’m most excited for Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones to come out! I love Lily Collins, but I despise who they picked for the heartthrob of the series Jace. He is seriously my number 1 of all time bookman, but he is soo not what I pictured. So no matter what you do…DO NOT look him up online or watch the movie before you read this series. It will ruin so, so, so much.

I’m also really, really excited for The Night Circus  by Erin Morgenstern whenever it gets made.  It was easily my favorite book of 2012.

And I can’t wait for Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters to come out, since I did like Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief even if it wasn’t like Riordan’s book AT ALL. The movie setting the book aside was entertaining.


 Now my TBR list has grown exponentially to include the following books being released as movies in the future:

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Wake by Lisa McMann
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Graham-Smith
Monument’s Men by Robert Edsel
Maze Runner by James Dashner
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Fallen by Lauren Kate
Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

If anyone  knows of any others let me know so I can add them to the list! Better get to reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment