Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer and Bird by Katherine Catmull

Summer and Bird
Summer and Bird
Katherine Catmull
Genre: Junior Fiction
Rating: 4
I got this book as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program and am glad I did :) 

Summer is a practical and loving young girl, older sister to Bird, a wild and free-spirited, sometimes irrational little girl. Summer and Bird.  This is a lovely story completely out of the ordinary. After waking  up to find their parents, and cat Sarah, missing one morning, Summer and Bird embark on a magical adventure which will change their lives forever.   A beautiful swan queen, an evil puppeteer, a mysterious old man, and all kinds of birds flock this book and mix with the two girls, for better or worse, throughout the story.  Summer and Bird is filled with many thought provoking issues and beautiful imagery, making it not just a young adult story, but a gret read for adults too.

Summer and Bird was a bit hard for me to get into right away, but it was well worth the difficult start.  I feel like I gained something from reading the story and learned about myself too. (Always the sign of a great book).  I have a feeling this book will become quite popular shortly...

Quote:
"We never really know what might be beside us or ahead, but most days we walk as if we do."
(from uncorrected galley)
Katherine Catmull

No comments:

Post a Comment