Friday, January 25, 2013

A Cast of Stones by Patrick W. Carr


A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword, #1)
Title: A Cast of Stones
Author: Patrick Carr
Genre: Sci-Fi
Rating: 3.5

 I received this book as part of the LibraryThing early reviewer's program. I was a bit hesitant when I picked it put, because I have a fear of sci-fi sometimes because some of them are just way to hard to follow...not this book though! I was pleasantly surprised! This was a very good read! Once I started getting into the story it was really hard to put down.

Errol, the main character, had a rough upbringing and took to drinking to blur away his problems. However, his fate will not let him wallow in his misery for long. Errol must find the courage to break away from his drinking problem, and learn to become a man, a fighter, and ...something else. Can he take on a much larger role and become a key figure in helping the kingdom rise fight the aprroaching evil? As Errol attempts to change his past he meets many interesting people along the way ( I want more Merodach!), but who can he trust? Everyone seems to have an ulterior motive.

No comments:

Post a Comment