Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ever by Gail Caron Levine

Ever
Title: Ever
Author: Gail Carson Levine
Genre: Junior Fiction
Rating: 3
 
This book was okay. I think if I was younger I would have enjoyed it more, but as it is Gail Carson Levine has several other great books I would recommend before this one. (Ella Enchanted, Fairest, Two Sisters of Bamarre)
I enjoyed the mythology aspect of the book, however, it was a bit confusing (even as an adult). I kept trying to make some correlation between Christianity and the one omniscient god in the story and I couldn't make it pan out.
Cutting that out, the story was okay. Romance, adventure, action, and suspense. The plot keeps the reader on the edge of their seat and wanting to see how the book will end. It's certainly a quick read with not a whole lot of thinking involved (except to keep everyone's name straight throughout the book). The romance did seem to happen a bit too quickly and the heroine didn't really seem to care about her family (although they were planning on sacrificing her, so I guess she had a fairly good reason). Overall, it was just okay, but I'm not upset I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment